I had a vision of love: Fantasy Heros and why I adore them

Shifters, Vampires, Aliens and Fae aren't everyone's cup of tea. 

For some folks I know the shifting ability from animal to human creeps them out or that Vampires are more like mosquito zombies than cold, mysterious hunks. Aliens are more likely to be little, microbial germs rather than huge human-looking with crazy skin colors. And Fae, fair folks, are just fairy tales that the reader never outgrew. 

For me, however, all these beings are a beautiful break from the mundane. We all get up and do what needs to be done, working whatever hours we need to to earn the money we need to pay for the ability to keep everything up. The rat-race of everyday life beats you down, causes you to daydream of different career paths, potential changes to make.

What if such a change collided with the humdrum of your life? What if your best friend started going steady with an elf? Or that guy you've been crushing on at the gym that looks too hot to be legal, invites you out for coffee and confesses he's a dragon? 
Or, just hear me out, what if you were making a bank deposit and during the middle of it, the bank got robbed! Your teller behind the counter burst through the bullet-proof glass as a huge direwolf and took down the would-be robber single-handedly? Err, paw-ly? What then? You can't tell me you wouldn't be happy about your teller turned Kujo right then!

Anyways, my point here is our paranormal people give a fantastic twist to the everyday same ol' same. Love has a undeniable ( and sometimes irritating) strength about it that once you've fallen under its spell it feels more supernatural than any of these creatures could ever be. 

Of these lovable fantasy creatures I've got a few favorites and a few more that I would love to explore by writing them into a story. I mean, I can count on one finger how many unicorn shifter stories I've read and the elven people, imho, are super underrated. Aliens will always be a favorite but there are so many more out there.

In addition to stand alone books I have an idea for a book series to include all sorts of different Mr. Fantastics. And this is where you come in. I want to know what mythical or fantastic being you're into and want to read! Are Ogres not getting enough love? Do you get hot around the collar for Dragons? Does your heart flutter for Griffins? What being can you not get enough of?

Comments

Popular Posts